Friday, September 12, 2014

Something about me

Something about me
  Hi, my name is Betty Peng. I'm a third-grade senior high school student from Taouyan Chongli. As a resort of the College Entrance Exam next year, I struggle to study every day as long as I can, which makes me feel exhausted from time to time, thinking about whether it is worthy or not since I often heard of people saying, '' Having a better college doesn't necessarily mean you can get a better job.'' However, I deeply understand what I should do is do my best, trying to enroll in the college I desire.
   Speaking of something that I would like to major in is international trade and diplomat; one of my reasons is both of them have more opportunities to study aboard than others. Consequently, to keep improving my English skill, I participate in the English writing group and having some foreign pen pals from different countries. These really help me a lot, increasing my urge of exploring the world as well.
  Put aside the heavy schoolwork, there is a movie rather popular in Taiwanese recently called Lucy. Have you ever watched that? I haven't, but I would like to share the movie I like the most, which is From Up On Poppy Hill. It's a masterpiece from Shun Miyazaki, talking about sincerity between the two senior high school students. I really recommend it! I hope you will take some time to watch it. 
  

2 comments:

  1. My uncle lives in Chongli just like you~!
    Even I just went to Chongli to have barbecue with his family last Saturday~!
    Have you ever been to a famous stand named B-CHA steak house? I like it's meal very much! How about you?

    I remember when I was in your situation, our school open a big place for students to study. There was an interesting cotton hanged in the front of the study room:
    看這個連結~V
    http://elain404.blogspot.tw/2014/09/memory.html

    Good Luck for your Exam~!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, good to see somebody's post. Here's my personal opinion: (but I'm not a pro, not necessarily right!!)
    First of all, maybe you should consider break down the SUPER long sentence into several short ones.(As a resort.....many comma.....better job.) Reader's mind suffers from understanding such long sentences. Short sentences could be more legible and elegant as long as you use the transition words appropriately.

    Secondly, reorganize your paragraphs. Separate your self-intro. to the first paragraph.

    Lastly, trivial grammatical errors:
    1. As a resort of-> Is this correct?? (I'm not sure)
    2. Struggle....as long as I can sounds weird. Struggle -> Try
    3. which is 關係代名詞 where is the 名詞??
    4. worthy->worth
    5. heard->hear
    6. Having->Entering
    7. what I should do is "to" do
    8. major in-> major
    9. them have better...-> there are
    10. aboard-> abroad
    11. Consequently-> Therefore
    12. having some...-> Have some...
    13. These-> it
    14. increasing-> prompting
    15. Put-> Putting aside

    My comment: If you want to study abroad, choose a better college.
    (過來人建議...)

    ReplyDelete